ADSM-L

Re: Dataset allocation of ADSM for MVS V3

1999-01-29 06:50:40
Subject: Re: Dataset allocation of ADSM for MVS V3
From: "Loon, E.J. van - SPLXM" <Eric-van.Loon AT KLM DOT NL>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 12:50:40 +0100
Hi Ray!
As far as I am able to determine ADSM allocates the datasets in extends, not
DFSMS.
We use a size of 200 Mb. which is allocated in one extend.
What is your problem with secondary extends?
About your second question, DFSMS should NOT, I repeat NOT do any partial
space release!!!! This is very important because ADSM tries to fill datasets
completely. If a dataset is filled partially, ADSM appends new data at the
end during the next client backup.
Partial space release will definitely cause B37 abends!
Kindest regards,
Eric van Loon