ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:48:52
I have run into this before:
set COMMTIMEOUT 1800      ( or something large)
restart the ADSM server

Reasonable guess:
If you do a Q SESS during the backup you will notice that some sessions
appear to stop from time to time - this is something to do with the a delay
in Oracle accessing the tablespaces you wish to back up. The default value
of COMMTIMEOUT is 60 seconds so the ADSM server not having received anything
from the API thinks the connection has timed out - the 15 minute delay you
see before the session is cancelled is another default - forge which
parameter.

The only drawback in making COMMTIMEOUT too large is that if there is a real
error you have to wait for that value until you are notified that the backp
has failed - I just set it to 3600 as nobody was going to do anything about
a failed backup unitl the next working day

Hope this helps