ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:48:52
Hello all ADSM subscribers,

I'm quite busy with an installation of 'ADSM for MVS V3'  at a large banking
organization in the Netherlands.

We chose to store all datasets with DEVICE TYPE=FILE in a large SMS managed
DASD pool. Allocations of 100 MB files results in only a primary allocation
(secondary blocks=zero), when we tried to allocate larger datasets (e.g. 300
MB) the allocation is changed to a primary and secondary extent allocation.
Our MVS Systems Programmer could not find a way to influence this process
within the DFSMS ACS routines. For example, we changed Multi Volume to
Single Volume with no result. Therefore we are forced to work with relative
small datasets. Does anyone recognize this problem and knows the cause of
it? Is there a workaround?

Our standard SMS implementation works also with RELEASE, FREE SPACE. Can
this have any impact on ADSM processes?

Thanks in advance,

Ray Kramer,
Storage Management Consultant,
Inframatica bv, the Netherlands.
mailto: Ray.Kramer AT inframatica DOT nl