ADSM-L

Re: is it running ?? -Reply

1999-01-28 09:53:50
Subject: Re: is it running ?? -Reply
From: Fred Johanson <fred AT MIDWAY.UCHICAGO DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 08:53:50 -0600
At 10:45 PM 1/27/99 -0500, Ray Schafer wrote:

>Woah there, Nelson.... No need to reboot just to start a process! You can
>start the scheduler like so:
>Change inittab to make the scheduler entry "respawn" instead of "once" using
>chitab command, and init will start it for you, right then and there, and
>restart it if it dies.  Or you could do (as root):
># print "/usr/lpp/adsm/bin/dsmc sched > /dev/console 2>&1" | at now
>
>--
>Ray Schafer                   | schafer AT tkg DOT com
>The Kernel Group              | Network Computing Consulting

That's OK if you never have to stop the SCHEDULER for other reasons.  Like
many others, we use a startup script in the inittab which also can be
executed from a terminal session.  We also have a restart script that
operators can use when noone else is around.

Fred Johanson
System Administrator, ADSM
S.E.A.
University of Chicago