ADSM-L

Null database

1999-01-27 10:38:37
Subject: Null database
From: "Price, Robert R." <pricerr AT WESTINGHOUSE DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 1999 10:38:37 -0500
In order to do some testing, I have tried the following:

1) Started with a 3.1.2.0 level Server
2) Formatted a small database and log file
3) dsmserv format 1 logfile 1 dbfile
4) start ADSM

I do not want to load any existing database, but try some testing on this
small ADSM system.  However, when I bring ADSM up, it has no admins defined
and I cannot get into ADSM to do anything.  Even the default admin/admin is
missing.  Is there some way to get into ADSM to set up the first admins?

I could go the route and dig out my CD, install the base system and install
the upgrades as necessary.  But, this seems like a lot of unnecessary work
if I don't really have to.

Any ideas out there?   Thanks.
Bob Price

Westinghouse Information Systems
4350 Northern Pike
Monroeville, PA 15146-2886

Email:   pricerr AT westinghouse DOT com
Voice:   (412) 374-3247, (WIN) 284-3247
FAX:     (412) 374-3470, (WIN) 284-3470