ADSM-L

exclude.dir

1999-01-26 16:40:15
Subject: exclude.dir
From: Ari Plaut <ari AT TKG DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 1999 16:40:15 -0500
I am having the following problem with the EXCLUDE.DIR option.  I would
like to exclude a subdirectory (and it's subdirs) from the scheduled
incremental of the entire system. However, I need to be able to have files
below this excluded directory backed up explicitly.  I ran a test and if an
incremental is run on a dir above the excluded one, then the excluded
directory and below are not backup up.  If I run a selective backup on a
file below that, it seems to be backed up (the client output shows 1 file
inspected, 1 file backed up).  Here's the problem - when I try to confirm
this with a query backup (or a restore -pick), no files match the criteria
selected.  I tried the commands with the -inactive flag, but got the same
result.

Server: 3.1.1.3 on AIX 4.1.5
Client: 3.1.1.3 on AIX 4.1.5

Thanks for any feedback.