ADSM-L

Re: Please Help - Backup retention

1999-01-25 11:13:02
Subject: Re: Please Help - Backup retention
From: "Thomas A. La Porte" <tlaporte AT ANIM.DREAMWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 08:13:02 -0800
You can only use management classes to implement different
retention policies for different files. You can not implement
different retention policies for the same file without using the
archive command.

Your best option is to retain your daily backups for 14 (or 28,
whichever is your requirement), and then do archives at month-end
and quarter-end with a retention of a year, an archive at tax
year-end and financial year-end for 5 years.

 -- Tom

Thomas A. La Porte
DreamWorks Feature Animation
tlaporte AT anim.dreamworks DOT com