ADSM-L

Backup Events

1999-01-25 10:02:10
Subject: Backup Events
From: Janie Pendergraft <jpenderg AT STJ DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 09:02:10 -0600
Last week I wrote about how we had changed the password on our adsm account
because of some security issues. I wrote that 3 NT servers didn't recognize
the password change. Well thanks to all of the responses we got that fixed.

Now our problem is on these 3 same NT servers they do not show up in the
Backup/Archive events when I checked them this morning. At first I thought
it was the password issue again but when I looked in the log file
(dsmsched.log) It shows they backed up correctly. Our dsm.opt file has an
ERRORLOGRETENTION and a SCHEDLOGRETENTION of 10 days just like all of our
other servers.
We are version 2.x and I am confused as to why everything backed up OK but
shows up on the backup/archive events as being missed. We run our backups
from 1:00 am until 7:00 am and it was around 2:00 am when these servers
ran. So it was not like it missed the time frame of the schedule.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Janie Pendergraft
St. John's Regional Medical Center