ADSM-L

Re: Starting Server

1999-01-22 16:43:13
Subject: Re: Starting Server
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 16:43:13 -0500
You've ALMOST got it, but not quite:

"dsmserv" is the ADSM server.
"dsmfmt" is a utility that is run OUTSIDE the adsm server to format log
space.

So (1) should be run like this, while the server is down:
 cd to the adsm server directory
 dsmfmt -log log5.dsm 1024

This should create a new file called log5.dsm. Does log5.dsm exist now?

Running dsmserv with the extend log parameter attaches the new log file to
adsm so he can use it.
So (2) should be run like this:

dsmserv extend log log5.dsm

That command cranks up the server (dsmserv) and lets him attach the new log
space that was created in (1) above.
NOTE THAT in both commands, you use the same log file name, log5.dsm.

Hope this helps.

Wanda Prather
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Scott Adams/Dilbert