ADSM-L

Re: Windows NT server and multiple network adapters

1999-01-22 11:59:46
Subject: Re: Windows NT server and multiple network adapters
From: "Dusedau, Stefan" <Stefan.Dusedau AT VIACOM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 11:59:46 -0500
Anthony,
There can also be performance concerns when routing between 16mb token
ring and 100mb Ethernet. Some TCP/IP stacks default to very small
packets if they discover a router in between the network segments. This
was a major bottle neck for us until we got all the ADSM clients onto
100mb Ethernet.

Thank You,

Stefan Dusedau
infoWorks