ADSM-L

3494 volume "inaccessible"

1999-01-22 11:22:33
Subject: 3494 volume "inaccessible"
From: Hilton Tina <HiltonT AT TCE DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 1999 11:22:33 -0500
Does anyone know what it means when a volume is "present in library, but
inaccessible"?  I added a second ADSM server to our 3494 yesterday and
checked all the tapes in.  We had to bounce ADSM today and when it came back
up it put out message ANR8455E, which says the volume could not be located
during audit of the library and the volume was removed from the library
inventory.

The mtlib command I used to look at the volume was: mtlib -l/dev/lmcp0 -qV
-VR00036.  When I do a 'qI' to auery the inventory, this tape shows up as:
 R00036 0192 80 10 00
 R00036 0192 80 10 00

192 is our scratch category.

Any help would be appreciated.