ADSM-L

Re: Backup Informix on Intel NT platform???

1999-01-21 18:27:25
Subject: Re: Backup Informix on Intel NT platform???
From: Paul Zarnowski <vkm AT CORNELLC.CIT.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 18:27:25 -0500
You cannot use ON-BAR on WinNT because the XBSA interface is not provided
by IBM for ADSM on the WinNT platform.  XBSA is the X/Open Backup Storage
API (or something close to that) that is used by ON-BAR.

For any of the ADSM Planners, please take note of another site who is
looking for this.  The last time I inquired about this, I was told that
porting XBSA to the WinNT platform was not very high on the priority list
because they didn't think there was much of a market for it.  We (Cornell)
would also like to see this and would use it if it were available.

FWIW, I believe we ran into some problems running Informix on NT here, and
would recommend a Unix platform if you can do it.

Regards,
..Paul