ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:48:52
Hi,

I have an NT Server 4.0 running ADSM 3.1.0.0 Client, backing up to a AIX
2.1.5 Server

The backup schedule has been setup via the 'dsmcutil.exe' command utilising
the 'eventlogging=yes' switch.

However the level of detail in the dsmsched.log file is minimal. It only
records the successful backup of the registry and then any subsequent
file/directory failures, then the backup summary information. (see
attachment)

If I run the scheduler as a foreground NT window, then it generates a
detailed log file showing all registry, file and directory events for that
operation. This indicates to me that there is not 'quite' mode set in the
option file or on the ADSM server it's self

Is there something I have missed is regards to getting the backup schedule
running as an NT service, to record ALL events to the log??

Ta.

David Matthews

(See attached file: samplog.txt)