ADSM-L

Re: Moving storage pools

1999-01-21 17:37:13
Subject: Re: Moving storage pools
From: James SPORER <james.sporer AT CCMAIL.ADP.WISC DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 16:37:13 -0600
     Export/import is really designed to move data from one adsm server to
     another adsm server.  If you want to move data from one storage pool
     to another you can move it a volume at a time using move data.  We use
     a dasd storage pool like a cache to backup all our client data then
     each day migrate that data to a tape storage pool.  For us to move to
     a new storage pool is real easy, we just start migrating the cache to
     the new tape storage pool and then start moving the data from the old
     tape storage pool to the new tape storage pool a volume at a time.
     You can even wait a month or so to let some of the data expire before
     you start moving it, that way you don't have to move so much data.
     Jim Sporer