ADSM-L

Re: MPTHREADING with ADSM 3.1.2.1 on MVS

1999-01-21 13:30:34
Subject: Re: MPTHREADING with ADSM 3.1.2.1 on MVS
From: Bob Labrie <labrie AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 11:30:34 -0700
We fixed a problem (PQ19265) where a spin loop hung the server. The
   problem has been corrected and a fix available in our latest
    PTF UQ23878  (a.k.a   ADSM 3.1.2.1 ).
    We know about a high CPU resource problem when multiple clients (5)
    are simultaneously backing up very small (~1k) size files while using
the
    (MVS only) MPTHREADING YES option.
     We're looking into this as well as general resource usage on the MVS
     platform.

     Thanks, Bob La Brie   ADSM Development

Tjeerd Saijoen <tsaijoen AT BFSORG DOT COM> on 01-21-99 10:23:05 AM