ADSM-L

Re: Informix ONBAR logical logs

1999-01-21 10:52:45
Subject: Re: Informix ONBAR logical logs
From: DAVID HENDRIX <dmhendri AT FEDEX DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 08:52:45 -0700
Welcome to the world of Informix with ADSM.  We've asked to them to clean
this up.  Last March.  So far, nada.

If you are willing to try and code an XBSA query/delete object C program,
you'll have your solution.  Until then, you are correct:  it is either
unusable, or you live with an ever growing pile of garbage data.

Let me quote from an email sent to me by Cyndie Behrens on 3/20/98:

"Good News!
I just wanted to let you know that we have spoken with Informix onbar
development and they are writing a utility to do clean-up of their data
stored on storage managers.  They will be issuing the appropriate delete
api calls to ADSM so that ADSM will inactivate and expire the data.  If you
are familiar with how Oracle EBU does this with the EBUTOOL it will be
similar.

This informix onbar tool is planned for this year, but I don't have a date
to offer you yet.
thanks,
Cyndie Behrens (IBM San Jose)"

Of course we also asked them for a Notes client on Solaris.  They wrote one
for someone on a contract basis (anyone on this list?).  Not GA so good
luck trying to get it.  The kicker was that everyone we normally talked to
assured us they were "working" on it.  Little did we know it was in the
closet gathering dust somewhere with no plans for a GA release.

ON-Bar is Informix's responsibility.  We're still waiting.

Guess I'm in a bad mood today - sorry.

David Hendrix
dmhendri AT fedex DOT com

Joel Fuhrman <joelf AT CAC.WASHINGTON DOT EDU> on 01/20/99 08:30:39 PM