ADSM-L

Re: Passwords

1999-01-21 09:21:32
Subject: Re: Passwords
From: "David R. Beardsley" <david.beardsley.iasz AT STATEFARM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 1999 08:21:32 -0600
You will need to use the DSMCUTIL command to update the node password for
the service entry, that should fix your problems.

From: O1=INET00/C=US/A=IBMX400/P=STATEFARM/DD.RFC-822=ADSM-L\@VM.MARIST.EDU
on 01/21/99 07:54:32 AM
To:   ADSM-L
cc:
Subject:  Passwords

We are running ADSM version 2.x. We had some security issues last week so
we changed administrative password for all our servers.We also changed them
at the node level on the server. The Novell and Unix ones worked fine as
far as kicking off the nightly backups. We changed the password on the
nodes on the ADSM server, then we went to the client and changed them.

We have 3 NT machines that will not run at night as scheduled. I tried the
command line dsmc incremental to kick them off manually and it asked me to
type in the password. I did and thought then the next night they would kick
off OK but they didn't. The next day I went to the command prompt on these
machines and used the updatepw.exe option and it said storing the password
in the registry. I thought then this morning I would come in and they would
have run last night. No such luck. Of course I am backing them up manually
using the GUI interface at the node level until we get this resolved.

Any help would be appreciated.

Janie Pendergraft
St. John's Regional Medical Center