ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:48:52
Mark, this is pretty much what I do in a unix environment -- use the O/S
native tools to back up the server and the ADSM tools to back up the
rest of the environment. You'll want to do ADSM database backups as
well.

Then - restore your server platform; make any changes required in the
ADSM device and volhist files; invoke ADSM server at the command-line
level to restore the most recent ADSM database; start ADSM; and make any
changes required to the device definitions (the changes in the device
file only apply when the database is unusable).

With NT as the server platform, you will need to do a bit of
'bootstrap'; you'll need to install NT in one partition in order to use
the NT restore to restore your running partition.

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc
(219) 295-3297