ADSM-L

Another Question

1999-01-20 15:42:46
Subject: Another Question
From: "Remeta, Mark" <MRemeta AT SELIGMANDATA DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 15:42:46 -0500
Hello all, I have another question concerning disaster recovery of a ADSM
server. I understand the requirements and the procedures to restore another
NT Server or NT Workstation, basically install NT and ADSM in a different
directory and then use ADSM to restore the old configuration. I also have a
grasp of recovering an ADSM Server in the event of a disaster according to
IBM I.E.: Having the volume history file, device config, server options,
database backup, etc.... Isn't there an easy way of restoring the ADSM
Server without having to reinstall NT and ADSM and any and all
customizations you may have made to NT/ADSM without starting from scratch?
What if I installed NT and ADSM Server in a temporary directory, got ADSM up
and running from the temporary directory and then restored NT and all the
ADSM files to the original directories, copied the registry and rebooted the
old configuration. What about shutting down ADSM and using the native NT
Backup to backup all the files and the registry, then reinstalling NT and
use NT backup to restore everything. If ADSM is shutdown I should be able to
access the database and log files, right...

I guess what I am asking is how do I restore the NT portion of a ADSM
server...

Thanks in advance,

Mark Remeta
Seligman Data Corp.