ADSM-L

Re: Tape Volumes

1999-01-19 14:57:34
Subject: Re: Tape Volumes
From: Russell Street <russells AT AUCKLAND.AC DOT NZ>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 1999 08:57:34 +1300
I wrote a [perl] script that automates the preview part.  Given a
volume name to restore it produces the list of volumes required,
sorted and broken into the ones marked on site and the ones marked off
site.

[ADSM is a pain sometimes.... for 'restore volume ... preview=yes' the
volume list appears in the activity log and on the console but NOT in
the output of the command.  And then I found that the activity log
lags, so a "sleep 10" is needed.]

Russell