ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:48:52

Doug,

What versions of Informix & Unix are you running?

Doug Hayes
dhayes AT senco DOT com
DBA, Senco Fastening Systems

-----Original Message-----
From: Agnew, Doug [mailto:dagnew AT CHARLOTTEPIPE DOT COM]
Sent: Tuesday, January 19, 1999 9:20 AM
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Subject: Segments in Onbar-ADSM backup of logs

When doing a "q contents" on a storage volume containing Informix log
backups, I noticed that the same log was repeated multiple times.  Using the
f=detail option, I saw that these repetitions were called segments, that the
first was consistently 12,288 bytes in size, the intermediate ones were
65,536 bytes and the last one took up the remainder of the file size.  What
controls these segment sizes --- ADSM, Onbar,  TCP/IP settings or something
else??  Do the existence of segments and their sizes impact performance??

J. Douglas Agnew
Database Administrator
Charlotte Pipe & Foundry
Email: dagnew AT charlottepipe DOT com