ADSM-L

Re: Recommendations for backing up Disk stgpool

1999-01-19 09:00:02
Subject: Re: Recommendations for backing up Disk stgpool
From: Arshad Munir <arshadmunir AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 1999 06:00:02 PST
Hello Jawad,

    I agree with everyone that the backup of disk storage pool
should not be included in the normal backups but if your backups
are very critical that if something happens to your backup you cannot
wait to do another one then use "copy storage pool" i.e copy
the disk storage pool on tape this can be an incremental process
I do find it very useful.
     For example you get a disk crash of 4Gig disk you do
not have to do the backup again infact you can restore this
disk storage pool if you have "copy storage pool" which does
not load your network as it is a server process.

Good Luck

Arshad Munir

>From owner-adsm-l AT vm.marist DOT edu Tue Jan 19 05:36:38 1999
with NJE