ADSM-L

ANS1134E error in NT server backup

2015-10-04 17:48:52
Subject: ANS1134E error in NT server backup
From: Michael J. Rensing [mailto:mrensing AT UVIC DOT CA]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
I have been having problems with ADSM backup of my NT Server 4.0
machine. One of the drives was not being backed up for no discernable
reason. In order to eliminate a number of confusions, I completely
un-installed the backup client, and re-installed it from scratch.

Last night the first automated backup with the new install was
supposed to happen. It failed with the following messages in
dsmerror.log
01/15/1999 00:27:19 ANS1134E Drive D: is an invalid drive specification
01/15/1999 00:27:19 ANS1512E Scheduled event 'NIGHTLY' failed.  Return
code = 4.

Drive D: exists, and is named "Client", but I have a number of NT
Workstation machines running similar backups with identical
configurations, and there are no problems.

Drive D: is set for backup by specifying "Domain D:" in dsm.opt

Has anyone got any idea what's going on?

                                  Michael

Dr. Michael J. Rensing | http://wwwhep.phys.uvic.ca/~michael
Dr. Michael J. Rensing | http://wwwhep.phys.uvic.ca/~michael
                       |             mailto:mrensing AT uvic DOT ca
Physics and Astronomy  |                 phone: 250-721-7741
University of Victoria |                   fax: 250-721-7752