ADSM-L

Re: exchange agent

1999-01-15 08:43:55
Subject: Re: exchange agent
From: "David R. Beardsley" <david.beardsley.iasz AT STATEFARM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 1999 07:43:55 -0600
My experience with the exchange agent is that the only comprehensive logs
are stored on the client machine. When you run a command as with the agents
all that the server tells you is if the command executed or failed. It does
not return any specifics to the server or even if the backup was
successful, just if the command executed. The output file can be determined
by you in the command file you run the backup from. I then wrote a program
to retrieve and e-mail all my connect agent files to myself and the help
desk to determine success of failure.
Hope this helps

David Beardsley