ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:48:52
Hi, apologies if this is a mind bogglingly stupid series of questions!

I've got 3.1.0.6 Solaris client talking to a 3.1.0.6 AIX server, and I've just
installed the web client.

Q1. Our system uses PasswordAccess=generate (as IBM recommend). How can I log
into our machine
'tempest'. If the initial password for this node was 'windy', surely that's
what I should put into the
Web Client logon screen. I do - but it doesn't accept it!    |:<

Q2. Given the problems in Q1, I've thought that the easiest option was to set
up an admin user.
If I then use this admin user to backup 'tempest', whom do the files belong to.
Will root@tempest
have problems restoring these files?

Q3. Other than setting up one-machine-per-domain (stupid) is there anyway to
setup an admin user
so that they can just do the backups/restores/archive/retrievals for one
particular client node only?

Apart from this, I really like ADSM.

Bob Cross.

--Boundary_(ID_ch7/HiUxvb9PDSvx+3BpFQ)--