ADSM-L

Re: ADSM Scripts

2015-10-04 17:48:52
Subject: Re: ADSM Scripts
From: Mathew Warren [SMTP:MWarren AT TANDB.CO DOT UK]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hello,

I have solved similar problems by including a loop in the script that
queries ADSM untill it can see the required process etc.. has finished,
and then exits the loop.

Similar to;

blah
blah
blah
finished=no
while
    [ ${finished} = no ]
do
    numproc=$(dsmadmc -id=pooh -pa=bear q pr  | grep -c "Move Data")
    if
        [ ${numproc} -eq 0 ]
    then
        finished=yes
    fi
done
#Will only continue if no movedatas are running

next bit
blah
blah blah

the above checks to make sure no movedatas  are running.

>>> "Remeta, Mark" <MRemeta AT SELIGMANDATA DOT COM> 01/13 2:14 pm >>>
Okay I have it figured out how to do a storage pool backup within a
script
and have the script wait for the command to complete before it executes
the
next statement within the script. If I do a BACKUP STGPOOL xxx yyy
WAIT=YES
the next command in the script does not execute until the first one
completes. Is there any way to produce similar results with the UPDATE
STGPOOL command? There is no WAIT option with the UPDATE STGPOOL
command.
The reason I ask is I want execution within the script to wait until
the
UPDATE STGPOOL command which set's off  migration to complete before I
execute the next UPDATE STGPOOL.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark Remeta
Seligman Data Corp.
100 Park Avenue
New York, NY 10017
(212)716-2810

** IMPORTANT INFORMATION **
This message is intended only for the use of the person(s) ("the
Intended Recipient")
to whom it is addressed. It may contain information which is privileged
and confidential
within the meaning of applicable law. Accordingly any dissemination,
distribution, copying
or other use of this message or any of its contents by any person other
than the Intended
Recipient may constitute a breach of civil or criminal law and is
strictly prohibited.

If you are not the Intended Recipient please contact the sender and
dispose of this email
as soon as possible. If in doubt contact the Tibbett & Britten Group
Network Administration
Department on 01707 391010 (UK).