ADSM-L

Re: Migration vs restore request

1999-01-12 15:53:43
Subject: Re: Migration vs restore request
From: Dwight Cook <decook AT AMOCO DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 14:53:43 -0600
     OK, are you talking the migration of incremental backup data residing
     in a diskpool over to a tape storage pool (defined as the next pool)?

     If I'm remembering correctly... a restore request that needs a tape
     drive (when all are being used)  will preempt other tasks
     BUT I recall seeing that if a specific tape required for a restore is
     in use by another process (say a diskpool's data is being migrated to
     it)... your restore request will just wait for the tape to free.

     later,
           Dwight