ADSM-L

Re: What standard are people using for backup of their data

1999-01-12 02:52:54
Subject: Re: What standard are people using for backup of their data
From: Reinhard Mersch <mersch AT UNI-MUENSTER DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 08:52:54 +0100
Well, it depends ...

If you want to be able to do a point-in-time restore to any date within
the past 2 month, it makes sense to kepp 60 (or even an unlimited number
of) versions. You should then keep the extra versions for 60 days
(RETEXTRA=60), so few (if any) files will actually have that many
backup copies. The effect on your database can hardly be estimated;
it depends on the usage pattern of your files.

Our settings are: VEREXIST=6, VERDELETED=4, RETEXTA=30, RETONLY=100.

--
Reinhard Mersch                        Westfälische Wilhelms-UniversiReinhard
Mersch                        Westfälische Wilhelms-Universität