ADSM-L

FW: What standard are people using for backup of their data

1999-01-11 16:28:47
Subject: FW: What standard are people using for backup of their data
From: "Schauerte, Andrew (NM75)" <andrew.schauerte AT DAS.HONEYWELL DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 14:28:47 -0700
I am currently in a debate with some of my coworkers right now on the number
of  versions to use.  I say we should only have a very small number of
versions, 3 to 10(depending on the data).  If the data needs to have a
retention of time, archive it.   My coworkers(I am in the minority here)
want to have 60 versions-  What I understand of ADSM, this will eventually
fill the DB to an incredibly large state.  Am I correct?  Thanks for your
response ahead of time.

Andrew P. Schauerte

I.T. Analyst
Information Technology