ADSM-L

Re: saving AFS DB when using buta with ADSM

1999-01-11 15:22:22
Subject: Re: saving AFS DB when using buta with ADSM
From: Ruth Mitchell <mitchell AT TC.CORNELL DOT EDU>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 15:22:22 -0500
John,

We do this, but not via buta.

We run a scheduled ADSM backup of our AFS DB files, daily, from one of
our AFS dbservers (where we have an ADSM client running). Since we
use collocation, we ultimately have one easily identifiable tape
associated with this client. Because of the way we handle offsite tapes,
and since we know we want a copy of this tape to be part of the regular
offsite storage, we have associated this client with a unique management
class (and storage pool) set up for this purpose. This is done within the
client's inclexcl file (include * mgmtclass). We use an 'absolute' copy mode,
and 'shared static' copy serialization in the copygroup (type=backup). The
client's DOMAIN is '/usr'.

On the server, the client schedule contains the following parameters of
interest:
                Action: Selective
                Objects: /usr/afs/db/*
So, backups of this client are limited to these specific files.

Hope this helps.

--Ruth