ADSM-L

Fw: Server web admin -- 404 not found...

1999-01-10 19:07:00
Subject: Fw: Server web admin -- 404 not found...
From: Mike Knight <knightm AT VNET.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 00:07:00 E
From: Mike Knight, IBM GS Central, (314)234-5096, KNIGHTM at ISSCVM
Inet:                                             KNIGHTM AT VNET.IBM DOT COM

On Mon, 11 Jan 1999 11:35:04 -0500, Allen Dale Hutchison asked:

>I'm using ADSM 3.1.2.1 on AIX 4.21.
>When I log into the web admin on our server, I can use the command line
>function, but one of the panes is always missing with a "404 Not Found"
>error. Has anyone seen this before? Does anybody know how to fix it?
>
>The URL that doesn't show up is the one that ends in /group/

I don't know about the /group/, but here is the action we have taken for
the 404 problem we have seen with new server installations on AIX.

    If you get "404 Not Found The requested URL was not found on this
    server" where the tree of actions (left frame) should be, you will
    need to complete an installation step that failed.
      + Stop the ADSM server.
      + Enter:  cd /usr/lpp/adsmserv/bin
      + Enter:  dsmserv runfile dsmserv.idl
      + Start the ADSM server.
      + Try it again by picking "Reload" (on Netscape) and
        responding "Yes" to the "Repost form data" window.

   Mike (Just another user, not ADSM support) Knight