ADSM-L

Re: Reclamation of offsite group.

1999-01-10 09:09:59
Subject: Re: Reclamation of offsite group.
From: Ray Pratts <pratts AT IBM DOT NET>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 1999 08:09:59 -0600
Ann,

This is an excerpt from the ADSM Admin. Guide:

When you do perform reclamation for offsite volumes, the following
sequence is recommended:

1. Back up your primary storage pools to copy storage pools

2. Turn on reclamation for copy storage pools by lowering the
reclamation threshold

3. When reclamation processing completes, turn off reclamation for copy
storage pools by raising the reclamation threshold to 100%

4. Mark any newly created, copy storage pool volumes as offsite and then
move them to the offsite location

--
Ray Pratts              Pinnacle Computer Solutions Corp.
Ray Pratts              Pinnacle Computer Solutions Corp.