ADSM-L

Re: FW: Microsoft Cluster Server

1999-01-08 16:59:14
Subject: Re: FW: Microsoft Cluster Server
From: Alan White <arw AT TIPPER.DEMON.CO DOT UK>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 21:59:14 -0000
Hi, with the good guidance of the SSSI people on this list (Kelly Lipp and
John Sorenson) we've just had some good results by declaring the ADSM
scheduler service as a generic service to MSCS and getting MSCS to restart
it on failover so it sees the newly arrived drives. If we do this in the
middle of a backup hey presto the backup restarts. This is using the same
nodename on both boxes. Thanks SSSI!!

Still need to look into the registry backup issues and how to deal with the
ADSM password changing and letting the other box know about it.

Most concrete indication I've had from IBM yet is 2nd quarter 1999 for the
baclient being cluster aware (wish they'd do it for the UNIX clients too).
Maybe then we can use the webclient on clusters and all that later PTF level
stuff which we're having to miss out on.

Quick public gripe - this doesn't look too much like being 'in lockstep with
MS' developments.

Alan