ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:48:51
Hi Gavin -

If you check the Backint install doc, you'll see that Backint and
Backagent need to be owned by root and group dba. In addition, the
'owner' sticky bit needs to be set, such that they run with euid root.
CCMS will be launching this as <sid>adm, so <sid>adm will need to be a
member of group dba (I can't remember if this is mandated or discouraged
by SAP) and the programs will need to be group-executable.

We run the process from cron, under root, launching our actual backup
script with su:
        su - ora<sid>   /usr/local/bin/sap_backup <sid>

Because of problems I've had previously on SAP upgrades (they want
backint/backagent in the SAP executables directory, and SAP keeps
setting these to owner sid<adm> group dba) I explicitly set these to
root:dba, mode 4770 at the start, before launching the backup. Our
production environment is an HACMP cluster, so the script also checks to
see if the files even exist and quietly exits if they don't, so I can
run it on both nodes without problem.

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc
kauffmant AT nibco DOT com