ADSM-L

IBM - I got a suggestion.....

1999-01-08 00:19:32
Subject: IBM - I got a suggestion.....
From: Shane <shanesmith AT WESTPAC.COM DOT AU>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 1999 15:19:32 +1000
IBM,

I assume (I hope) you look at this forum. I got a suggestion for you.

We have three 3570 units, and it gets confusing when checking the offsite tape
pools - 'cos all tapes look the same.

We currently draw some dirty big permanent-marker lines on the cartridges to
highlight which ADSM machine the cartridge belongs to.

How about giving us the ability to have some colour coded identifier which we
can use to denote which ADSM server the tape belongs to.

How about giving us the ability to have different coloured write-protect tabs
(other than blue) so we can use these to id the tapes.

Howzat sound!!!!!!!!

Of course I will accept royalties for this idea :)

Regards
Shane