ADSM-L

Migration to V3

2015-10-04 17:48:51
Subject: Migration to V3
From: Arshad Munir [mailto:arshadmunir AT HOTMAIL DOT COM]
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Hi ADSMers,
   I have about to migrate ADSM AIX V2 server & V2 clients
which are NT, Solaris, aix, SQL backtrack & netware. I am
not pretty sure from where to start server first or clients.
  I am trying to find a document which gives any suggestions
or best way to migrate.

   One concern I do have is if I upgrade server before the clients
 would I need to upgrade all cllients to lastest PTF to support V3
server? In such a case as I do have almost 40 clients on different
sites I would like to upgrade the the clients first ( as all cannot
be done in one day) to be sure that backups are not affected.
   Can anybody suggest me what is best to do.

Thanks in advance

Arshad Munir