ADSM-L

Re: Any recommendations for tape drive/library:NT small environment

1999-01-07 03:44:53
Subject: Re: Any recommendations for tape drive/library:NT small environment
From: Christo Heuer <christoh AT ABSA.CO DOT ZA>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 1999 10:44:53 +0200
Hi Bryan,

We use an Exabyte 220 ATL with an NT server for our backups
at our smaller corporate Lans. The EXB220 has capacity for
20 tapes and has two mammoth drives.
This combination works extremely well - and up to now (we've
had this running for about 4 months already), we have not had
any hassles - no lost VCR/Tape tension problems ;)

This unit was chosen by us for it's performance/capacity/price
which came out quite a bit better than the other vendors.
They have a smaller unit available as well which is a 7 tape
autoloader with one mammoth drive - about half the price of the
EXB220. Capacity wise each tape stores 20Gig uncompressed.

Hope this has helped you in making a descision - and no I do
not work for a hardware vendor/nor have any interests in any
of the vendors.
I work for a financial institution...

Regards
Christo Heuer