ADSM-L

Re: QUESTIONS

1999-01-06 15:18:08
Subject: Re: QUESTIONS
From: "Prather, Wanda" <PrathW1 AT CENTRAL.SSD.JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 15:18:08 -0500
Answer 1:

When the volume is in VAULT RETRIEVE status, it means that the volume is (or
should be) offsite.
What you should do is
1) tell your courier to bring the tape back, and
2) issue a MOVE DRMEDIA vvvvvv
This changes your tape from VAULTRETRIEVE status to COURIERRETRIEVE status,
meaning that the courier has the tape and it is on its way back.

When the tape arrives back, you should
1) Issue a MOVE DRMEDIA vvvvvv
This changes your tape from COURIERRETRIEVE status to ONSITERETRIEVE status,
which deletes the old storage pool entries from the data base.
2) Now check in the tape.

If you aren't using an external courier service, you don't have to go
through the COURIERRETRIEVE status.  Look at the MOVE DRMEDIA command, you
can skip from VAULTRETRIEVE to ONSITERETREIVE by using a different form of
the command.

Hope this helps...
Wanda Prather
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Scott Adams/Dilbert