ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:48:51

Joel, I don't know what your platform is, but here's what we're doing --

We're on an SP (RS/6000) environment. I've got a second device configuration backup and volume history backup defined on an NFS-mounted filesystem. After the ADSM database backup, I copy the device config and volume history to a DOS-format floppy. We then strap the floppy to the database backup tape and send both off-site. This is the easiest way I've found to track database backups (without requiring hardcopy) - we bought colored floppies and have labeled them 'SUNDAY' through 'SATURDAY' over three sets (Red, Orange, and Yellow).

This has worked through two D/R tests so far.

Tom Kauffman
NIBCO, Inc.

    -----Original Message-----
    From:   Joel Fuhrman [SMTP:joelf AT CAC.WASHINGTON DOT EDU]
    Sent:   Wednesday, January 06, 1999 3:13 AM
    To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
    Subject:        backup database - wish list

    For IBM - In order to recover from a disaster, my understanding is that in
    addition to the db-backup tape the corresponding volume history file is
    required and for it to be available, I have to back it up outside of ADSM.
    If that is true, are there any plans to improve the 'backup database'
    command to copy that file to the db-backup tape?  The device configuration
    file should also be included.  Then the recovery process would have all the
    information it needs to rebuild the server environment.