ADSM-L

[no subject]

2015-10-04 17:48:51
Hello folks,

Could you please add, preferably in the next available version -  major or
otherwise - some option to stop the system from
following symbolic links and store them instead?

This would give behaviour consistent with other UNIX utilities such as 'tar',
and would also prevent the needless wastage
of vast acreages of tape space caused by the presence of links.

Sorry to be such a grouch, but it's really bugging me, and I know that I'm not
the only one who wants this (if anyone else out
there agrees, please feel free to jump in and say so....)

One other small complaint - could you make it a little slower, since it's a
real pain now to have to go back to individual DAT
tape backups after using ADSM (on Solaris) - I'm joking of course, thanks for
the work....

Bob Cross, yet another satisfied ADSM user.

--Boundary_(ID_khb+v8c63TFV3ym6X80/jg)--