ADSM-L

backup database - wish list

1999-01-06 03:13:11
Subject: backup database - wish list
From: Joel Fuhrman <joelf AT CAC.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 1999 00:13:11 -0800
For IBM - In order to recover from a disaster, my understanding is that in
addition to the db-backup tape the corresponding volume history file is
required and for it to be available, I have to back it up outside of ADSM.
If that is true, are there any plans to improve the 'backup database'
command to copy that file to the db-backup tape?  The device configuration
file should also be included.  Then the recovery process would have all the
information it needs to rebuild the server environment.