ADSM-L

Re: New Library - Old Storage Pool

1999-01-05 11:06:33
Subject: Re: New Library - Old Storage Pool
From: James SPORER <james.sporer AT CCMAIL.ADP.WISC DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 10:06:33 -0600
     The device class you specify when you run the database backup
     determines where it goes.
     Jim Sporer

Subject: New Library - Old Storage Pool
Author:  "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>  at IPNET
Date:    1/5/99 10:24 AM

Hi everybody!  I have been quit for a while, but now I have two questions
that I am sure you all will have answers for.

We have purchased a second 3575 library for our ADSM (AIX) box.  I wanted to
switch our COPYPOOL for disaster recovery to the new library/storage pool.
I added the new storage pool, DRCOPY, and then added the new storage pool to
DRM.  I started copying our primary storage pools to DRCOPY instead of
COPYPOOL.

I have finally gotten all of the primary pools copied over, so COPYPOOL is
now redundant, almost.  My database backups still seem to make their DR copy
to COPYPOOL.  How do I change the DB backup copies to the new DRCOPY pool, is
it a DRM option?  And what is the best/safest way to eliminate the old
COPYPOOL?

If I have gone about this completely the wrong and worst way, please don't
tell me.  I don't want to know.

Debbie Weeks
University of South Florida
Information Technologies/Technical Support
*********
*Debbie AT admin.usf DOT edu
*(813) 974-6926   *  S/C 574-6926
Fax(813) 974-3054