ADSM-L

Re: Moving from AIX ADSM server to HP ADSM server

1999-01-05 10:11:49
Subject: Re: Moving from AIX ADSM server to HP ADSM server
From: "Buechler, Becky" <buechler AT KCC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 09:11:49 -0600
Hi Glenn,
We also are in the process of doing some of the same things you are. However
the ADSM server is on a HPUX 11.0 operating system and we are using a
STK9710 library. All Sap servers are HPUX. We are also using timefinder and
backint to accomplish our backups.
The only problem we have encountered is that our performance is degraded
using timefinder vs a network backup.  We are currently working with EMC on
the problem. Doing a network backup we were able to get 30 GB an hour using
maxsessions of 2 and multiplexing of 2.  After doing the BCV split and
mounting the filesystem we received only 15 GB/hour.
I was able to get 70 GB/hour using maxsession's of 3 with backint and doing
a local backup.
You didn't mention if you were using backint or not.  So far we are very
pleased with it's performance. We do use RL compression which is a backint
option. Normal adsm compression killed performance for us.

If there's anything else you would like to discuss you can e-mail me
directly.

Becky Buechler
Kimberly Clark Corporation
email: buechler AT kcc DOT com