ADSM-L

Backint and SAP CCMS scheduler

1999-01-05 03:52:08
Subject: Backint and SAP CCMS scheduler
From: Frank Hoehnel <blhoehnf AT DE.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 1999 08:52:08 +0000
We  want to start SAP (AIX) backups to backint and adsm via the
CCMS scheduler of the SAP system.

This does not work because of ownership and access right problems.

Normally, if brbackup is started from SAPDBA or directly from
a script, it runs under the userid  oraxxx (with xxx = SAP system id).

When started from CCMS, it runs under the userid xxxadm (xxx=system id)
and fails because of access rights.
The user xxxadm does not belong to the dba group like oraxxx.

We have tried many changes in the file permissions.
We gave execute permission to everyone for the backint executables.
We gave user xxxadm the additional group dba.
We opened the backint profiles initSID.utl and initSID.bki for
for read and write to everyone.

But the brbackup run still fails from the CCMS scheduler while
it runs ok fom SAPDBA.
The backagent fails when it tries to read the database
files.

Has anybody got this running and can give us a tip ?

Frank Hoehnel
Dresden/Germany