ADSM-L

ANS5166E An error occured saving the registry key (Win95)

1998-12-30 18:17:07
Subject: ANS5166E An error occured saving the registry key (Win95)
From: "David H. Wentworth" <David.Wentworth AT UCOP DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 15:17:07 -0800
Hello all and Happy New Year!

We are getting the following error on a Windows 95 machine with ADSM
R3.1.0.6 installed:

>ANS5166E An error occured saving the registry key.
>
>I took a look at dsmerror.log and found the following:
>
>CreateDirectory(): Win32 RC=5 .
>TransWin32RC(): Win32 RC 5 from fioMakeDirectory:uc_CreateDirectory
>ANS5166E An error occurred saving the registry key

This machine also gives an error something like "access denied" when trying
to create a directory in Windows Explorer. Creating a directory from the
DOS prompt works fine.

Any clues, tips, suggestions or questions would be most appreciated.

        Best regards,
        Dave

| David Wentworth          | University of California |
| Programmer/Analyst       | Office of the President  |
| E-mail:                  | Information Resources    |
| David.Wentworth AT ucop DOT edu |   & Communications       |