ADSM-L

TSO administrative client

1998-12-30 16:19:31
Subject: TSO administrative client
From: Thomas Denier <Thomas.Denier AT MAIL.TJU DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 1998 16:19:31 -0500
My site has just installed ADSM on an OS/390 system. I am now trying to figure
out how to use the TSO administrative client. The examples in the Quick Start
manual show DSMADMC being invoked by means of the TSO CALL command. This seems
to be working. On the other hand, the Rexx execs included in the recovery plan
files produced by the PREPARE command invoke DSMADMC as a TSO command in its
own right. My attempts to imitate this usage in my own Rexx code have
consistently failed with return codes of -206. Attempts to invoke DSMADMC from
the TSO command line without the CALL command consistently fail with a message
complaining of a 106000 hex ABEND.

How do I get DSMADMC to work as a TSO command?