ADSM-L

Re: ADSM SERVER ON SUN

1998-12-29 09:32:12
Subject: Re: ADSM SERVER ON SUN
From: DAVID HENDRIX <dmhendri AT FEDEX DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 1998 07:32:12 -0700
Roig,

We will be putting an ADSM V3.1.2 server into production with 12 3590s in
two different 3494's on a Sun E10K (running Sol 2.6) next month (Jan 99).
We have had no problems to this point in our testing and I believe the
software works well.  We see around 7-7.5MB/sec/drive when we backup our
Informix Raw volumes.  We are using a modified version of adsmpipe (uses a
thread to concurrently read and write).

The driver behaves well.  Make sure you use the latest and comment out
unneeded stanzas in the st.conf file (otherwise st binds to the 3590s
causing all sorts of headaches).

Thanks,

David Hendrix
dmhendri AT fedex DOT com

Roig Georges <Georges.Roig AT UNICIBLE DOT CH> on 12/23/98 03:22:08 AM