ADSM-L

Exchange Connect Agent

1998-12-24 06:46:42
Subject: Exchange Connect Agent
From: Phil Chissell <phil.chissell AT NATPOWER DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 1998 11:46:42 -0000
We are running the Exchange Connect Agent (fixtest 1.1A).  We do a full
backup (of both the IS and DIR databases) once a week with incrementals
every other day.

Quite frequently, we are getting the same error message (normally during
an incremental backup):-

"Exchange Error: An unknown Exchange API error has occured."

9 times out 10, forcing a full backup cures this problem.

We did have the scenario where the Exchange team were deleting Exchange
logs to free up disk space until I made them aware that this was
impacting on the incremental backups.  Since then we still get these
occasional errors - is anybody else experiencing this or know what's
causing this???

Happy Christmas.

Regards

Phil

Phil Chissell
National Power plc
Windmill Hill Business Park
Whitehill Way
Swindon
Wilts. SN5 6PB
UK

Tel:  +44 (0)1793 894237
Fax: +44 (0)1793 894230
MailTo:Phil.Chissell AT natpower DOT com