ADSM-L

Re: Exchange Agent Questions

1998-12-22 16:09:43
Subject: Re: Exchange Agent Questions
From: "Robinson, Cris" <Cris.Robinson AT LIBERTYMUTUAL DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 16:09:43 -0500
I have to ask this question... Is there any way to tell if the exchange
backup completed successfully
at the ADSM server level? Please tell me I don't have to go to 30 Exchange
servers and look at each one.

The activity log only shows that a session started and ended. The Events log
only stated that the
command completed successfully for the client but nothing regarding the
agent and finally, the filespace
information stays blank. Has anyone come up with a way to find out?

The Mail team wants hard confirmation that the backup was successful. I
can't seem to say one way or another
unless I ship the logs back to the ADSM server on a daily basis via a
script.

Happy Holidays kiddies!
Cris Robinson
Sr. Technical Analyst
Enterprise Storage Management / ADSM
Liberty Mutual Insurance
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
603.431.8400.54837
mailto:cris.robinson AT libertymutual DOT com

If you find yourself in a hole, stop digging!