ADSM-L

Re: Relabeling tapes?

1998-12-21 23:19:20
Subject: Re: Relabeling tapes?
From: Ray Pratts <pratts AT IBM DOT NET>
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 1998 22:19:20 -0600
Ronnie,

You are stuck.  ADSM will not overwrite a label if the existing label or
the new label are already defined to any ADSM storage pool.  So since
000001 is in use you'll first have to move the data off of the first
000001 before you can label the second 000001 to something else. This
holds true for all the tapes in the first batch.  I'm not sure you have
any other choice, other than having your tape distributor exchange the
tapes.

--
Ray Pratts              Pinnacle Computer Solutions Corp.
Ray Pratts              Pinnacle Computer Solutions Corp.